A significant mover of products.
CPG deliveries annually
to more than 50 000 points
in South Africa.
worth of product delivered
to retail outlets.
3 billion litres
of fuel delivered.
1,6 million tons
of packaging moved.
Provide point of care and retail
deliveries to >600 points in Kenya,
700 in Ghana and more than
52 000 across Nigeria.
More than 43 million
patient packs of medicine delivered
across Africa every month
– including >6 million antiretrovirals.
60 million tons
of goods moved by shipping
business in a single year.
Western Europe’s largest
provider of express palletised
distribution services, handling
10 million pallets a year.
Enabled >4 000 store openings
for leading global retailers.
Supported by an established infrastructure and network
- South Africa’s largest cold storage warehouse with over 37 000 pallet locations.
- Around 3,2 million square metres (m2) of storage capacity.
- Operate 12 logistics control towers in five countries.
- 600 inland vessels and barges.
- More than 20 automotive warehouses in Europe deliver value-add logistics for the annual production of over 2,3 million cars.
- At 178 000 m2, we operate the largest automotive spare parts warehouse in the world.
- Leader in the European chemical industry with >60 tankers, 17 gas tanker vessels and 23 specialised warehouses.
|*||Based on continuing operations.|
|1||Net capital expenditure (capex) excludes proceeds from property disposals.|
|2||Cash conversion calculated as (EBITDA-capex)/EBITDA.|
|3||EBITDA margin decline in line with lower tangible owned asset intensity utilising third party assets and no depreciation associated with operating leases.|
Profit and loss (extracts)
|% change||2018||2017||Medium-term outlook|
|Revenue (Rm) (Total)||3||51 399||49 715*||SA and International: Double GDP growth + inflation African Regions: Low double digit growth|
|Operating profit (Rm)||3||2 853||2 764|
|Operating margin (%)||5,6||5,6|
|Cash conversion (%)||78||76||Target between 70% and 75% Target ROIC:|
|Return on invested capital (%)||12,2||11,5||Imperial Logistics (total): WACC + 3% South Africa: WACC + 3% African Regions: WACC + 3% International: WACC + 2%|
|Weighted average cost of capital (%)||8,5||7,1|
|Net debt/equity ratio (%)||50||122||Target range 60% to 80%|