Imperial implements national logistics solution for Tiger Brands
23 November 2010
In 2004 Tiger Brands appointed TFD Network Africa as their LSP to implement a national logistics solution for various product ranges. Tiger Brands required implementation within an agreed time, minimal business disruption, limited sub-contracting, a single point contract together with world class facilities, supply chain technology, systems and people at cost effective rates.
Project Duration: 2004 – Present
Imperial Logistics Operating Company: TFD Network Africa
In 2004 Tiger Brands initiated a search for a new LSP for the implementation of a true national logistics solution for various of Tiger Brands’ product ranges. Tiger Brands required this with minimal business disruption to the demand-side supply chain, within an agreed time period. Tiger Brands also demanded limited sub-contracting, a single point contract and relationship agreement, world class facilities, supply chain technology, systems and people at cost effective and competitive rates.
- To develop a cost effective, national distribution of all brands through a single contact LLP / 3PL solution, complying with both FMCG trade service level demands and manufacturer quality and efficiency expectations.
- To apply cost efficiency as an alternative to simple ‘low cost’, whilst still satisfying the customer’s service requirements. Changing the customer’s paradigm to outsourced solutions in specific functions / regions through an effective application of TFD’s LLP model.
- To move Tiger Brands thinking from pure ‘low cost’, cheapest route distribution to cost efficiency.
- Select and manage regional specialists and experts for secondary distribution in a cost effective manner.
- Select and manage national primary logistics specialists.
- Integration of Tiger Brands, and outsourced parties’ business processes and systems into TFD systems.
- Dedicated facility and fleet for Tiger Brands in Gauteng as a ‘centre of excellence’ for vastly improved focus for customer.
- Cross docking and transhipment implemented vs. downstream stockholding.
- Institute SLA systems and measurement process holding all (primary service provider, regional 3PLs, customer and TFD) parties to fixed standards.
- Extremely effective application and management of true LLP concept.
- Delivering outstanding customer value, with exceptional service standards utilising world class LLP systems and processes.
- Significantly improved service to trade customers with comprehensive service related data and reporting from all parties.
- Dedicated warehouse with WMS, TMS and other systems based on a synergised solution / cost model.
- Continuous improvement initiatives, e.g. inbound logistics, consolidate additional brands, etc.
T: +27 11 842 3000
F: +27 11 873 2946
Back to previous page