Imperial Truck Rental
History of Business
Imperial Truck Rental was established in Johannesburg in 1975 and is part of the Imperial Group, which has been listed on the JSE since 1987. We are a key division of Imperial Logistics, being the preferred supplier to most of its companies.
Our established, reliable network and our flexible, solution-driven service, makes us a business partner of choice to over 1800 customers who use our services again and again. Some of our major customers include Sasol Synfuels, Petro SA, Bakers Transport, The Courier & Freight Group and Simba.
Imperial Truck Rental continues to grow from strength to strength, delivering a service of uncompromised excellence and vehicles of superior quality. We also offer rental of commercial vehicles on a medium and long-term basis, with rental periods ranging from 1 day to 60 months or any period in-between.
At Imperial Truck Rental we don’t believe a journey is all about getting from point A to B but about helping you move your business forward.
With over 1 150 vehicles we have one of the largest fleets on the road, and with 23 branches throughout the country, we have the biggest footprint in South Africa, providing 24-hour back-up service wherever your business takes you.
We supply vehicles with or without drivers to all types of industries nationally for any rental period required – whether it’s one day or 60 months or anything in-between. We have the solutions you need to get the job done.
Imperial Truck Rental offers various vehicle categories on flexible rental terms tailored to each customer’s requirements, whether with or without a driver, with or without insurance cover. All vehicles are fitted with tracking devices. Cellphones, cargo nets, tarpaulins, GIT insurance, crane operators and vehicle management systems can be supplied, as required.
Key Business Strengths
At Imperial Truck Rental we believe our job is not just about providing trucks – it’s about giving you the solutions and support you need so you can focus on driving your business’s success.
That means paying attention to your individual needs and giving you the flexibility you need when it comes to rental contracts – whether you need a long-term solution or need help getting the job done today.
We’re also driven by our ‘rapid follow-up’ culture, which means we go out of our way to give you the answers you need when you need them.
- Flexible rentals: Whatever rental period you require – whether it’s one day or 60 months or anything in-between – we have the solutions you need to get the job done. What’s more, rental means you pay for your vehicle only when you need it – so your business does not incur the additional cost of vehicles standing on your premises when not in use. Rentals are regarded as an operating lease, hence it is off –balance sheet financing, which improves your business’s return on investment as well as other performance measurements.
- Individual packages: Rates are structured according to individual needs – ensuring the best possible package for you.
- National network: Wherever your business journey takes you, you’ll find us there. We have 23 depots around the country in convenient and accessible locations.
- 24/7 service nationwide: We offer the reassurance of a 24/7 breakdown and technical assistance service, supported by our very own national network of service centres and panel workshops. It all comes down to making sure nothing gets in the way of your progress.
- Fleet management and vehicle tracking: Your safety and peace of mind are also important to us, which is why we offer vehicles with fleet management and vehicle tracking systems. And by keeping up with innovations and new technology in transport and always updating our fleet, we give you access to some of the best vehicles and equipment you need to do the best job you can, safely.
- Sasol Synfuels
- Petro SA
- Bakers Transport
- The Courier & Freight Group
Did you know?
Imperial Truck Rental is one of the largest ad hoc truck rental companies in South Africa in terms of fleet size and profitability.
ITR has 24 branches throughout the country with our head office being in Kempton Park
- Gauteng: Benoni, Denver, Elandsfontein, Midrand ,Pretoria and Vanderbijl Park
- Mpumalanga: Witbank,Secunda ,Nelspruit
- Limpopo: Polokwane , Lephalale
- Free State: Bloemfontein
- Cape: Beaconvale ,Montague Gardens, Port Elizabeth ,George
- Kwazulu Natal: Mobeni , Pitermaritzburg, Westmead Richards Bay.
Imperial Truck Rental
160 Kelvin Road
Phone +27 11 977 7100