We take ownership of product inventory and revenue collection to provide our clients with unparalleled access to their end consumers through an integrated logistics and
sales service – leveraging our in-market networks and in-country infrastructure.
Using analytical insights, we create an optimal omnichannel strategy to drive sales volume, value and velocity.
- As strategic partners to our multinational principals and clients, we identify and develop new market segments for consumer products – targeting non-buying customers in currently targeted
markets and new customers in new markets.
- Our unique market knowledge and proven processes, methodologies and tools help manage the ever increasing complexity, risk and speed of modern day supply chains.
- Our experience helps global clients mitigate and manage the effects of global competition, rapid price fluctuations, short product life cycles, expanded specialisation, near/far and off-shoring,
and talent scarcity.
- Our proven solutions rapidly deliver results with the agility to quickly manage future change for continuous flexibility, value and success.
Our principals and clients in this industry reap the benefits of our vast experience, expertise and specialist capabilities in the consumer goods value chain.
These include sourcing, procurement, sales, distribution, and debtor's management.
COVID-19 has notably changed purchasing trends and consumer behaviour. With customer needs for increased convenience growing at exponential rates, greater pressure has been placed on logistics companies to keep pace. Ecommerce is an area where many logistics companies are experiencing good growth with global ecommerce volumes growing 89% in May 2020 compared to May 2019. Many consumers are expected to continue shopping online once life normalises.
The consumer sector in our key markets were already under pressure prior to COVID-19 due to increasingly challenging macroeconomic conditions which resulted in an overall decline in consumer spending. Despite difficult trading conditions, lower consumer demand and strict lockdown restrictions imposed on the liquor and tobacco sectors in South Africa, our consumer sector still achieved double digit growth of c.16% and generated c.32% of group revenue in the 2020 financial year. The new business gain rate is a notable 35% and a good new business pipeline mainly in the Logistics operations is in place.
Through its extensive footprint across Africa, we will play a critical role in meeting consumers' ever-increasing need for logistics and market access services in previously inaccessible markets.
- Leading distributor of consumer goods in Southern and West Africa
- Deep experience in navigating the complexity, diversity and distinct challenges of the African continent
- Deliver premium brands by providing fully integrated, end-to-end market access solutions for the unique distribution requirements of the African market
- Principal trades in a risk-free environment as we take full responsibility for the debtor’s book
- Deliver customised solutions across the value network, including all logistics and sales functions
- More than 125 000m² of warehousing, strategically placed at over 44 sites on the continent
- Differentiated by a unique distributor approach supported by local partnerships and benefiting from exclusive relationships with principals
- Unmatched access to formal and informal consumer markets
- We give brand owners informed access to consumers through our extensive in-country networks
- Extensive on-the-ground expertise, resource, capability and geographic spread
- Highly proficient in managing unpredictable currency exposures, unexpected costs and evolving exchange control regulations
- Operate to the highest quality and compliance standards
- Well tested and co-ordinated strategies for managing governance and corporate compliance
- Mobile applications in place for both smartphone and tablet reporting
- We have a well-trained and equipped sales force and we are well represented throughout our countries of operation, including all rural areas
- Our cash van solutions ensure that products are sold and distributed far and wide into the informal markets
- Highly experienced in navigating international political, legal or system risk and numerous trade barriers in day-to-day business operations
- Owned fleet of vehicles operates over 195 trucks and 290 cash vans
- In excess of 25 million cases picked in the last year
- Over 730 towns and 160 districts covered
- Distribution agreements with over 130 principals
- Reach more than 38 800 points of sale
- Our data-driven sales enablement is customisable to fit principal requirements