History of Business
Imperial Cargo was established in 1997 with the amalgamation of several Imperial companies. These companies included Heavy Transport, Long Distance, Normans and Highway Carriers, all well-known brands in the freight industry at the time.
Core of Business
Imperial Cargo specializes in the movement of general freight across South Africa, Namibia, Lesotho, Botswana and Swaziland. We also manage several warehouses on behalf of clients.
- More than 300 vehicles
- Several different trailer combinations
- Primary and secondary distribution
- Warehouse management solutions
- Intermodal transport in Cape Town and Port Elizabeth
- Transport broking with access to 150 vehicles
- Superior knowledge and experience of the industry
- Availability of a large fleet
- Capability to design and develop equipment solutions to clients
- Various trailer designs have been implemented
- Extensive driver training and selection
- Integrated management accreditations
- ISO 9001 – Quality
- ISO 14001 – Environment
- ISO 22000 – Food Safety
- Modern workshops for vehicle maintenance.
- Flat management structure to address any customer related problems speedily.
- Consol Glass
- Pioneer Foods
- Columbus Stainless Steel
The company has depots in Paarl, Bellville, Worcester, Port Elizabeth and Alrode. The head office is in Paarl, Western Cape, where the administration is centralized.
Phone +27 21 868 9500
Fax +27 21 868 9501